Click on the links below to view the Winterset Community’s responses to each question. Winterset data from the Madison County Heart & Soul Findings (ThriVinci Report) can be accessed below.
Responses to the survey questions above are organized into the following categories, which connect to the Heart & Soul statements. Responses to Question 2 are illustrated in a word cloud.
- Small Town Feel
- People Characteristics (Values, Attitudes, Behaviors, Relationships)
- Commerce, Business, Jobs
- The Square
- Recreation / Entertainment / Activities
- Community Involvement (Groups, Churches, Volunteering)
- City Government (Library, Safety, Services)
- Planning / Growth / Housing
- City Land Use, Appearance, Property
- History, Arts & Culture (Museums, Heritage)
- Rural Life / County Issues (Land Preservation, Wind)
- Health Care / Elderly & Family Services
Questions from the Winterset 7th grade social studies interviews, April 2018
Question 1: Why did you move to Winterset/Madison County? OR, if you are a “native” of the community, why do you stay here?
Question 2: What makes the Winterset community (or Madison County) unique to you and why?
Question 3: What would make Madison County an even better place to live?
Question 4: What hopes or concerns do you have about what the future holds for Madison County?
Question 5: What have you observed in Madison County that shows we are a close, connected, supportive community?